Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Weekend in a Nutshell


Sydney and Matthew enjoying a ride with daddy



Well the "tackle" that I had planned on doing (the craft room) ended up taking a backseat to many other projects. With a new house it seems that there is more to do than what I can handle in a short amount of time. Thank goodness for my blogger friend Tami in her acceptance of not doing her "tackle it Tuesday". I have to give myself some GRACE when I am not able to get one thing done, but many others are done. (thanks Tami)





With that said here is the retaining wall we tackled this weekend. I didn't realize how many rocks we have here. So instead of hand digging (which we did for half of a day) we decided to rent an excavator. Oh how the kids enjoyed riding it with daddy. While that was being done I decided to put in a fountain in the front yard. But with the weather I haven't been able to totally complete it. So for now I will stay inside and try and "tackle" the craft room this week and hope that the job will get done by next week.

Before and after of the first retaining wall


My own little project still in the works but sounds great!!


4 great comments:

Mrs. Breum said...

Wow- big projects! We just bought a lot as well- I'm sure I'll have many unfinished projects next year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Poonie
love mom

Anna said...

Wow! That looks like some serious work back there. You put in that fountain yourself? I'm impressed!

Tami said...

Ahhh--I'm mentioned in your blog--I feel special. You're welcome! I still haven't finished my computer cabinet. All of a sudden (the past few weeks) I can't keep up--but things will level out again soon, I'm sure. Doesn't it feel good to make some kind of progress though?--like your yard!