Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Fun has Begun



So we have been here for 4 1/2 weeks and we already had some neighbors over for dinner. We have met a really great family with three kids. Two of which are Matthew and Nicholas' age. The other one is just 2 years older than Sydney. It was nice to have them over for dinner.
We ended up having one malfunction to the evening. I planned on fixing bbq'd burgers and dogs for the kids and grilled chicken Caesar salad for my friend Christine and I, but the propane was out on the grill. Since Jake wasn't here to go fill it, I noticed my next door neighbor grilling salmon. Thank goodness he let me cook my food over there. Good thing his wife didn't mind waiting to eat cold salmon.
I can't tell you how great our neighborhood is. It is like living in your own community. You walk outside and there are kids everywhere. Sydney and Matthew don't have to ask "is there anyone around to play with?" There is such a great feeling knowing that you have someone to talk to all the time.
Anyway, the pictures are from the fun evening the kids had. I look forward to many more of these nights!

1 great comments:

Mrs. Breum said...

So glad you're meeting new friends and have such a great neighborhood, Shana!