Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just thoughts on church



VS.



I have had three books sitting on my night stand for sometime now and can't seem to find the time to sit and read. Finding time in the morning to do my quiet time has been an even bigger struggle. I can say that at least I am able to download podcasts from my old church. But what has my world come too, if this is how I am fed spiritually. Taking time to put my ipod in my ears while I am vacuuming doesn't really seem all that bad...does it?

I was back home in Oregon this last weekend taking a friend of mine down for the Portland Marathon. (that is a whole another post for later!!) Instead of waiting downtown for 3+ hours on Sunday, I decided to go to church. I was so hoping Pastor Dale would have been back, but no such luck. I did however get to listen to Pastor Greg. He is so good. Just love that guy. And then to top it off Aaron and Courtney sang worship. They were absolutely wonderful together. There was one particular song that they sang during offering that brought tears to my eyes. That morning it hit me....how important going to church really is. The worship and the sermon as a whole is one big piece. You can have a little of one and a lot of the other, but I truly believe they are a package deal.

So we are off to try another church this Sunday. If you think of it pray that we will find the right church for our family. Not only do we have to like it, but the four kids as well. God is good and I know He will show us the right place to get plugged in. I totally have FAITH in that!!!!

1 great comments:

Christy. said...

I will pray that God will lead you to the right church. After just switching churches after 11 years, I know your struggle. God will make it clear when you are "home".
Glad to see you back in "blog world"!!