Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pay It Forward


Today Whitney and I were running errands and I felt the need to drive thru Starbucks and get a coffee. You know running errands with a two year old is a lot of work. :)


Anyway, I go a head and order my usual...Quad (yes 4 shots of espresso-one for each child I have) Venti, nonfat, no whip, white chocolate mocha; and of course a choco milk for the princess in the back. As I pull up to pay, the cashier tells me the woman in front of me paid $5 of my total order. No, I didn't know this woman she was a complete stranger. The cashier did give me a name and address that she had left. So I have written her a thank you note already.


But what is so great, is that the kids (yes all FOUR) were with me one day about a month ago and we bought a construction worker doing work in the cold weather a Hot Chocolate, and told her thanks for doing what she did. It was a great lesson to teach my kids of giving just to give. Hoping that one day she might do the same for someone else.
So if you are ever $5 bucks rich and want to spread some love and goodness, buy someone coffee or even a cheeseburger. It doesn't take much to give a little!!!

1 great comments:

Christy. said...

So good to see you back in "Blogworld". I hope you are all doing well!