Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Girl Scout Cookie NIGHTMARE


My sweet Sydney decided this year that she wanted to try Girl Scouts out. I said sure and she has had a good time so far. But several months ago the Troop leader (and neighbor) asked me to be the Cookie Mom. I didn't know to much about it and asked a FEW questions about the job description. I thought it over (5 minutes) and said yes. Boy was I in for an awakening.


Not only did I have to pick up 2000+ cookies in my suburban (I think that the car was a shoe in to get the job) the first week. But I have been in charge of 15+ cookie site sales, moms coming to my house to get extra cookies (all the while keeping track of those cookies too), and also depositing $11,500 into a bank account. I am SO not the paper pusher nor an accountant. This has stretched me so far, I think I am going to burst. Needless to say, my nightmares of loosing cookies in my garage are subsiding. And keeping track of my 4 year old and all the Thin Mint boxes he opened have added to my own cookie count. I started out with 2 boxes we pre-ordered and are now up to 10. Good thing my Nicholas is so cute!!!!!


Anyway, if you ever have a girl in Girl Scouts...stay away from the Cookie Mom job. There is always someone in the bunch who will do it!

1 great comments:

Mandy said...

Do you have any more thin mints...I have a craving! Hey, we're talking about getting up there this summer (maybe July) for a visit and Mariners game...Lets chat and compare summer calendars soon. Tell the clan hi.
Mandy