Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Are you Pregnant?


No....I am not pregnant....get that out of your minds before you read on. But if you are skinny in any way, don't bother reading anymore. You won't sympathize with me.


I am not sure what is worse...asking a stranger when they are due and they tell you they are not pregnant, or when your 7 year old boy says "You look pregnant mom!" I know it has been stressful this past year with the move, and being away from my family and friends. That can sure put on a few pounds. Not ever loosing the "baby" weight is also a problem. Being a stay at home mom does have it's perks. Not having to wear suits to work or even think about doing your hair everyday. My Nike hat sure comes in handy. But the negative side for me is the constant snacking. Eating the crust off the kids sandwiches, eating the last bite of breakfast, finishing the cheese and crackers. I don't know about you...but man oh man, it is hard. So instead of a New Years resolution...I am making it my Life Resolution. So I am saying it here...on a public forum...I plan to loose 50 pounds by next Christmas. I have started working out on a daily basis and trying to eat right. This is my promise...I can't wait to post a picture of me 8 months from now.


I must go now and talk to my son about how to win a girls heart, so far he is batting zero. hee hee

2 great comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! What a great idea to proclaim your resolution in such a public way. Now, you have to stick to it! Good thing I don't have a blog. Now, I can't make a public promise! :-)

imkc said...

Woo Hoo - you are woman here you roar!
I am going to give you a little unsolicited advice. Having been in your shoes (and still am!) - making the BIG goals can be daunting so I would advise making a smaller goal and then another, the another, etc.. Like "I want to lose 15 pounds by the 4th of July." then set another 10 pound goal. Just a suggestion. I know you can do it!