Monday, April 21, 2008

A week in Paradise

So I know I have be neglecting my blog lately!! Sorry to the few that even check my blog, and haven't seen anything for a month. Ugh...I live a dull life.

But I now have something to share...more than just a girl scout cookie experience.

Last week I was able to leave this wonderful home of four beautiful children and a wonderful husband to the wonderful sunny spot of Palm Springs with my mom and aunt. I was a little nervous to go from 40 degree weather to 100+ degrees in a matter of 2 hours and 37 minutes. I am happy to say I adjusted very well.

As I got off the plane I was overwhelmed with heat coming off of the pavement. It took me a minute to acclimated my body and breath normally. I took off to get my luggage and retrieve the rental car. After an hour I was met by my mom and then off to our paradise.

Once we ate dinner we were back at the airport to meet my aunt. I swear I was in Heaven, or at least pretty close. The rest of the 6 days were spent by the pool, reading and resting with a few days of shopping. Because you can't lay by the pool after noon. Going to eat at restaurants and only cutting my food was such a treat. Not only that...but my food was hot when I was able to eat.

I am happy to be home now with the family...but I am excited to know that we are planning a trip again in a year. I will definitely be looking forward to it.
Me enjoying a a sunset by the pool.
I was a little surprised by the number of humming birds there
were here. I had several attempts to capture this
one male that would let me get fairly close.
Not the highlight of my trip, but pretty cool anyway!!!



5 great comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got some much needed R&R. Can I come next time? :-)
Heather

Christy. said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Sunshine would be great right about now.... :0)

Lost said...

DORN!!!

Looks like you and the FAM are doing well. Palm Springs and sunshine must have been nice. Kind of just stumbled upon your blog...glad I did, although you might not be as happy about that!!

Take it easy.

Ben

Shana said...

Ben...I can't believe you found me. I am so happy to hear from you. How is the family??? How can I get a hold of you?
Let me know.

Lost said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.