Friday, March 30, 2007



Well this is what it looked like when I went to Fred Meyer at 2:30pm today. Yes that's right....TRAFFIC. Bumper to bumper. I thought going to the store wouldn't take long. BOY was I wrong. As I drove out of our neighborhood, I realized that there were more cars then earlier in the day. I figured it wouldn't pick up until 4pm. Well now I know...never leave the house after 1:30pm. I was told by some moms in the "hood" that planning your shopping trips was key. Plus you need to plan wisely to get back before the kids get out of school. I guess there will be no last minute trips to Costco anytime soon.Just one more thing to put on my "Have to adjust" list.

Another item on that list is no disposal in my kitchen sink. I was so excited to see a garbage compactor...and Jake informed me it was there because we are not on City water. That means NOTHNG goes down the sink. We have a list of items that can't even be flushed down the toilet. YUCK!!!! I am just praying we never have a clog. I suppose complaining would be a bad thing at this point. So when you turn on your disposal think of me and the silence I hear. :)

2 great comments:

Mrs. Breum said...

Shana~
Are the stores and things pretty far away from where you live? Do you have to go on the freeway to get pretty much everywhere?

We didn't have a disposal when we moved in to this house, either, but got one put in. I'm the only person I've met that has one here! They're not popular at all here. SO strange.

Anna said...

Oh, you crack me up! Last year when we were selling our house (by ourselves with #3 only 5 weeks old-AHHHHH!)I was doing last minute touches on tidying the house as we had 6 people coming to look at it (so much fun keeping an immaculate house with three small children!) when I heard a terrifying scream and #1 shouting "the potty is drowning, the potty is drowning!"

The toilet overflowed!!! I got it stopped but couldn't find our plunger anywhere. I frantically called our neighbor to help (people arriving in 30 mins!!) and he rushed to my aid with his own plunger.

As he plunged, I began to laugh hysterically because I realized that "Mr. Crapper" was plunging our very own crapper. Yes, his last name really was Crapper.

I can't wait to hear your clogged toilet stories...:)