Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Little Town...Big personality


Well I have figured out a lot about this little town. If you want to go anywhere other than "downtown" you are planning a good 30 minutes anywhere. This town has a lot of personality and some great antique shops too! The only thing I wish it had was a Winco. I guess Safeway is the next best thing. We even have the BIG Evergreen State fairgrounds near by. I have been told that they hold the biggest Fair in the summer. I am sure the kids will enjoy that. Not to mention a Reptile farm. I am thinking daddy is going to have to take the kids to that.
I am thankful that God has given us this opportunity to live here...and I am sure over time it will feel more like home then just a place we are living. GOD IS FAITHFUL.
A blogger friend (thanks Dawnelle) quoted a great book "Having a Mary Spirit in a Martha World".
"Any life challenge presents us with a very basic choice: fear or faith. And yet, when you think about it, the conditions that inspire fear are often the very same conditions needed to inspire faith."
It really made me think about the differences of fear and faith. I fear not having the closeness I have with the friends back home. But I have Faith that God will provide me with new friends to fill my void. And to be able to continue the wonderful friendships I have made (you know who you are) over the last 8+ years back home. I love you girls!!!

3 great comments:

Anna said...

Like love, sometimes faith and trust can be a choice as well! Thank goodness we serve a worthy God.

Keep up your spirit of adventure! I can't wait to learn about all God brings your way.

Mrs. Breum said...

Glad you're finding neat things in your new area~ I'm enjoying reading your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Shana, Thanks so much for doing the blog. I LOVE it and you! Carla