Friday, January 25, 2008

My Baby Girl



















Well my baby girl is not such a baby anymore. For the first time in 8+ years we no longer have a crib up in the house or bottles in the drawer. It has been 4 weeks now that she has slept in her "Big Girl" bed. No it is not a full twin bed yet. She is sleeping in a toddler bed. But since that day she has not once gotten out of bed and still takes a 2 1/2 hour nap every day. I was sure she would have a hard time. But noooooo....it was all me. I was the one who had a hard time the first night. I said to Jake..."I know she won't sleep all night, so lets just put the crib back up for a little while longer". Sure enough, she proved me wrong. So for now I am at peace about the change of season in our household. I guess with no more kids insight, I better get used to it. Right?

6 great comments:

Anonymous said...

A new season, indeed! ENJOY!

Christy. said...

I feel your pain! Cohen is going to be out of a crib in the next couple of months and our 7 1/2 years of crib days will be over. Exciting, but a bit sad!

Jyl... said...

I'm being nosy, but at least I'm telling you about it. This is Mandy's sister Jyl. I always ask her about you and she told me she had a link to your blog on hers so here I am. I hope you guys are doing good with your new adventure. Your kids are getting SO BIG. I have a blog at thecowartcrew.blogspot.com if you want to be nosy back!!! haha

Shana said...

I am so glad you were nosy!!! I saw your blog the other day. So I guess I was nosy first. I will be sure to check it out more often.
We so miss your sister and family. Hoping they will be up soon. Take care and thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl-
Oh my gosh, I think about you and the family all the time and wonder how you are doing. So glad I was able to find this through Mandy's site. I can't believe the kids. They are not only getting more beautiful (or handsome) but they are growing too big.Sounds like life is well. I will have to bookmark so I can check in again. We all miss you but can see the love of your family is bringing you great joy. Love to you all, Cathy Stewart

Anonymous said...

You were on such a roll with your posting,.... Come on now! Let's go!

:-)