Monday, January 21, 2008

Our new family member


Well we finally have our very first pet. Since our little Whitney is allergic to dogs and Jake is allergic to cats, we decided on a guinea pig. The kids have decided on naming her Sparkle. I wanted Fluffy....but what do I know. She is cute and furry, with a sweet temperament. She isn't so sure about us though. She likes to be held and enjoys eating oranges.

Some may say I am crazy...but how could I say NO to four beautiful kids??? We always need more to love and feed, right??

2 great comments:

Mandy said...

Shana - You are nice. I won't even buy dwarf water frogs that the boys have wanted since our insane goldfish ate the last one! I won't show them this or they will get even bigger pet dreams! Bart and I talked the other night about needed to see you here or there soon...we need our Jabusch fill. Hugs to you all. Mandy

Tami said...

What is with the name SPARKLE?--I now know 3 families who've named their pet that! I am glad to finally have time to check out blogs again--I love all your winter pictures, and the pink and red is so cute.