Monday, January 7, 2008

A New Year




I was recently reminded by a good friend (HEATHER) that I have not been posting enough on my blog. So as I sit here thinking about what to write, I ponder the New Year ahead and look back at all the blessings and changes that have occured in 2007.

Since coming back from visiting my HOMETOWN I was able to remember the love I recieved from so many wonderful friends. Sitting in church listening to my favorite Pastor, he brought up the fact that we all have had things in the past year that have challenged us. Whether it is death in the family, sickness, new babies being born, or even small changes...we need to look to Him for direction and strength. How we react to the changes can affect the whole outcome. Our move was one of the hardest things this year for me. Going HOME to visit opened my eyes to that. But it also makes me realize that God has a plan for our family here...right now. As we start attending a new church semi-permanently, I must open my heart to what will come my way. I know my heart will be filled and I will be more at peace .




We need to ask ourselves....What will I do differently this year to strength and build my faith in Jesus Christ?




I hope that your New Year has started off with a bang and you are able to look to the Father for guidance when any challenges come your way. I know I will!!!!

3 great comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shana! Thanks for coming "home" for a visit. It was great to see you. I hope that Brent, the girls, and I can make it up for a visit very soon. And, thanks for the post!

Shana said...

Always need a Magnuson fix!!!! Come anytime!!! I miss you!!

Anonymous said...

My friend, what a very sweet treat it was to see you! Know that you are missed but I am happy to see that you are realizing that you are exactly where you are supposed to be. I know that you are going to have such a positive effect to so many people in you sphere of influence. I cannot wait to see you again!
Kacey