Monday, April 16, 2007

The Moving Headache



So I thought moving would be easy and pain free. I figured having someone pack my things and unpack for me would make life so much easier. However I forgot a few things that a MOM must do to keep the house running. For example:



  • change home phone number

  • have mail forwarded BEFORE you move

  • apply for new drivers license

  • register your car before the police catch up to you

  • find Doctors and dentists for the ENTIRE family

  • register kids for school

  • pre-register 3 year old for preschool for next year

  • open new bank accounts

  • have cable, phone and Internet scheduled for hook up BEFORE you move in

This is just part of the list. I have a lot of respect for those of you who have moved more than the one time that we have moved. I guess with practice and an occasional suggestion from neighbors I will get my list completed. I suppose if I am half way down by the end of the school year we are in good shape.

3 great comments:

Mrs. Breum said...

I'm right there with you. I spent the whole morning yesterday planning airline tickets, temp. housing accomodations, etc...

I'll be glad when we're settled. :) Good luck w/ everything!

Shana said...

I am so excited for you to move back. I hope all goes well and that the kids adjust quickly. Have you found a house yet??

Anna said...

Oh! Are you surviving? How about finding a new church...that's always a beastly issue, isn't it? I hope you find a wonderful group of friends to build you up and support you in your new home.